Southeast Asia - Week of June 25: Philippines Week 3
Welcome to Week 3 in the Philippines. Our story starts in Coron Town Proper on the Busuanga Island (where I landed last Saturday), I fly to El Nido on Palawan Island and, on Saturday, I fly to Manila for two nights. I am enjoying the Philippine people, food and, of course, the baked goods for my sweet teeth. I've noticed there are far less feral dogs on the beach and the dogs I have come across are much more chill than Sri Lankan beach dogs. Philippine beach dogs may look at you as you walk by, then turn put their head down or turn their attention to something else. There are also far less black flies to contend with, which is a blessing. Finally, no mammoth crows, that I experienced in Sri Lanka, are totally absent as well. The common underlying experience throughout Sri Lanka, Thailand and Philippines to date, has been the caring, warm and helpful approach that everyone has offered to me in my travels. This consistent kindness makes the difference every day. I believe I ha...









































Comments
Post a Comment